10.03.2012

Relate to...

There are times in life when we all reach crossroads and an important decision has to be made.  Often times, we stand there waiting for someone to come by and tell us which direction to go.  Other times, we will wait hoping for a storm to carry us away so we don't have to make the decision ourselves.  I can remember when I was a little girl going through these crossroads. I hated when my parents made decisions for me.  I felt like a child, which I was, but I wanted to be grown.  Now that I'm an adult, I'd have to say that sometimes I wish my parents could use their wisdom for me and tell me what to do.  Of course, they give advice but nothing direct.  It makes me frustrated because as I'm in the middle of the crossroads this overwhelming feeling invades me.  Not only do I feel confused and lost but loneliness has just crept in. The prayers immediately begin, and I feel like I'm talking to myself.  I know He can hear me, but it seems like He's not answering.  I lose track of praying and then begin wishing.  I wish God would slap me across the face or scream in my ears so I can get the point.  I no longer just want to know which direction I should go; I need to know for my sanity and inner peace.  The funny thing about this is that God has been telling me what to do the entire time.  He told me once he saw me at the crossroads.  He sent hints of sunshine to show His light was still with me.  He sent drops of rain to restore my soul, and as I reflect now I can remember that it was that brief moment when I closed my eyes and surrendered myself to Him that I knew the answer.  It was only up to me to remember and apply that answer before everything else crept in. But I guess the fact that I didn't listen so quickly makes this something you can relate to.

Written by: A. Stinson

No comments:

Post a Comment